Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Elizabeth & David - Maternity Photos in South San Jose

One of my favorite parts of my job is planning the actual session. I love to talk with each of my clients and ask them what kind of feel they want their story to have. Are they looking for an urban/modern vibe, or do natural/wispy photos sing to your heart? The location is obviously such a huge part of the sessions story, and I love finding new places to tell it. 

This session with Elizabeth & David was amazing, and South San Jose is the perfect backdrop for maternity pictures. We arrived at this dusty trail, lined with long tawny grass right before the sun got beautiful and low. We walked around for a bit, contemplating if we could trudge through the grass to get closer to one of those oak trees, but Elizabeth & I were wearing flip flops and sadly had to settle for staying on the trail. That grass is meaner than it looks!

Shortly after starting the session, the sun got golden, and the rolling hills felt as if they were almost glowing. The true definition of golden hour!





















We decided to stay after the sun set to play with some silhouette photos. The light was too gorgeous not to take advantage of and play in! 

Elizabeth & David are welcoming their first baby girl in September, and I couldn't be happier that they chose me to document this time for them. Thanks so much, Elizabeth & David!

No comments:

Post a Comment